Saturday, October 31, 2009

Why does my neck crack when touched, or moved?

When I was born, my neck was slightly fractured during delivery, my head slumped to the right for a long time. Now, when I touch the round shaped joint on the back of my neck or move my neck around, it pops on its own. Could it be double-jointed? Should I have x-rays done? Any suggestions will help. Thx...
Answer:
There is no such thing as being double jointed. Hate to disappoint you.I would go see a chiropractor. They don't typically charge as much for xrays as the hospital or an md and they can give you an opinion as to why your spine is doing what it is doing.My guess...you have very loose ligaments due to the injury you suffered at birth, and the bones don't stay where they are supposed to. If it doesn't cause you any pain or discomfort, I wouldnt worry about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Why does Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net