Sunday, October 25, 2009

Why does my 2 fingers on my left hand have pins and needles ,for 4 days now ?


Answer:
Been there! The ring finger and pinky on my left hand started with pins and needles, I didn't think much of it, as I use the keyboard alot, and thought it was carpel tunnel. Depending on what fingers are "tingling" you could have carpal tunnel. OR you could have an Impeded nerve, either in you elbow or shoulder. I didn't think about it at the time, but if left untreated, this can lead to permanent damage, and you will loose the feeling and movement in those fingers.
I'm not trying to scare you, but don't do like I did, and leave it alone too long. Please see your Physician about the problem. They may want to to an EMG to check the nerve conduction, but it is better than having the nerve completely damaged.
It may be nothing more than leaning on your elbow too much, but please have it looked at as soon as you can. Better to find out it is nothing serious, than let it go, and have worse problems later.
Above mention of thrombosis is possible, usually with thrombosis, the hand will be cold and bluish colored. If you start to have shortness of breath, neck pain radiating to jaw, or chest pain, call the ambulance. Since this has been going on for 4 days, if it was a thrombosis, usually, the pain in the hand would be worse, as the clot cuts circulation. Again, it is better to be safe. Better to KNOW it is nothing, than find out later it was serious.
Good Luck!
You may have trapped a nerve. The best thing you can do is go and see your GP.
Not sure about that one. I get pins and needles when my hands are cold, someone told me it was to do with circulation.
I had this three years ago, and went to my doctor, who told me to see a speciallist. It was something to do with my ulna nerve (funny bone) and I had to have an operation, so don't leave it too long, if you do not get any improvement
I have had the same problem before, it really worried me but when I saw my doctor she asked if I had been leaning on my elbow alot. Which I had, on the arm of my computer chair, for hours on end, lol
might be a trapped nerve. it should go away, but always best to see your gp if you aren't sure
You could have carpel tunnel syndrome.
This problem can have many answers. Your problem could be in your neck, your elbow, your shoulder or your wrist. The best thing to do is to see a doctor (ortho or neurologist) who can give you tests to see where the origin of the problem is.
You need to go see a doctor. It could be a trapped nerve but if it is in your arm especially your left it can be a symptom of more severe causes like thrombosis. Take a asprin just in case as it thins the blood and phone a helpline if your in the uk 0845 4647 NHS direct where you can speak to a nurse. Be safe and get it checked out. If you get any chest pain call a ambulance immediately.
It depends on which 2 fingers. if it is the small and ring finger, you might have a pinch nerve somewhere along your elbow. If it involves the other fingers, it might be related to carpal tunnel syndrome. Sleep with a wrist splint at nights. If this persists, I suggest you see a neurologist.
you have either carpal tunnel syndrom or a missalignet of the vertabrae in your spine where the nerves that control your arms and hand emerge from the spine and flow down the arms into the hands.Either way, you are going to need professional care. See a neurosurgeon for the best advice on nerve damage repair.Chiropractors, pain blockers, cortizone, pretizone, chinese needle therapy all reduce pain for a while, nothing cures like the surgeons blade.
You sound as if you have pressure on the nerve, you don't say which 2 fingers, so I can't say which nerve. This can be at the wrist, as in carpal tunnel syndrome, at the elbow, or even as high as the nerve plexus in the neck. If it persists you need to get your doctor to isolate and arrange treatment for the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Why does Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net