Sunday, October 25, 2009

Why does my ankle hurt even with an ankle brace Please Help!?

I sprained my ankle falling down the stairs. and it hurts when it is moved and it pops when it is walked on. Also when I stand on it after a minute it will ache and hurt so I have to stand on one foot for a few minutes. I'm not using crutches but I am using an ankle brace. I had P.E a few days ago and after that It became much more swollen and rounder than before. This was also around 5 days ago and it still hurts. I also am 14 and in middle school. What else could I be doing for it and should I be using anything else on the ankle. I have P.E also tomorrow. what could I be doing at home. I also have a pair of crutches but I haven't been using them. Than my other ankle has been hurting because I have had to stand on one foot occasionally. Could it be a fracture or a hairline fracture or what do you think is wrong. also what should I do. I have crutches I just don't know if I should use them though. Please Help!
Answer:
Actually from what you are describing, I think it's more than just a sprain, I think you may have partially dislocated it, and that is the underlying reason why it is hurting so much. My advice is DO NOT do P.E. while your ankle is like this, even though you are wearing an ankle brace, you could easily inflict more damage on it. Definitely put ice on it, and if it does not get better within the next 7 or 9 days go to the doctors office.
Ice it, and stay off of it. If the problem persists see a doctor.
The only way to tell if its a fracture or hairline fracture is with an x-ray. Your regular r. can order an x-ray or you can spend alot of money going to the ER. Abad sprain will take awhile to heal. Crutches will probably help since you can stay off it for a while. You should also be elevating it while you are up and applying ice. A medicine like motrin will help relieve the pain as well as the inflamation.
could be a fracture
When I severely sprained my ankle, I had it x-rayed as it felt broken. It wasn't. I had to stay off my foot, keeping it propped up with ice on it for a few days. Have you done any of that? You may have a broken bone, you definitely have inflammation which causes swelling and pain. You keep putting weight on it, and the ankle brace doesn't help that. My advice is to see the doctor, get an x-ray and follow his instructions to the tee. If you can't, then keep your foot propped up with ice as much as possible and use the crutches to keep the weight off your ankle. Good Luck!
i think you should ask your doctor to examine your ankles again using x-ray to find for fractures.. maybe you need to change your braces too...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Why does Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net