Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Why isn't my husband feeling better after his Spinal Fusion?

He's still in a lot of pain and says that he has buring that goes down both legs. He says he's worse now than he was before the surgery. Will he ever get better? Will the pain ever go away?!
Answer:
He needs to call his doc and let the DOCTOR know he is having problems. His doctor is NOT A MIND READER and has no clue at all that he is having problems. Get your husbands doc that did the surgery on the phone and update him on his condition.
Sorry to tell you but many spinal fusion just don't work but give it more time - good luck - and as soon as permitted he should walk walk walk.
Question, with the fusion ,did he also have rods implanted?Time will improve the situation.If you would like to contact me and talk, feel free.
Just to say this up front I am speaking from experience. I had what sounds like pretty close to the same surgery on Sept 29 of 2007. Had fusion with cages at L3L4,,L4L5,,and L5S1. I got 5 cages out of the deal,and continuous pain that is worse then the pain that caused the doc to do the surgery. I know everyone's experiences are different but of all the people that I know (and there are several 9 that I can think of right off hand) that have had back surgery are either not better or are worse then before. I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news but this is just me experience. I do truly hope your hubby does get to feeling better. And the burning he is having down his legs when I had it I asked the doc and he said it was normal because of the nerves being inflamed. I hope I have helped. If you would like to discus this more feel free to contact me the details are in my profile. Good luck and God bless.
I had two herniated Disc on L4 and L5 and had back surgery 10 years ago. I had a Cage inserted and did wonderful with it but I have heard alot of people who had the same surgery say the same thing your husband says and have had to have repeat Surgerys. The Burning Sensation sounds like Inflammation. Is he in Physical Therapy? he needs something for the Inflammation and Pain to be able to get up and work that back each day to keep Arthritis from setting in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Why does Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net