Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Why is my hip joint hurting?

Sometimes my hip joints would hurt, but it would usually be the right one more over. However, this summer my left side just has suddenly been acting up. It hurts a little when I walk or move the joint in anyway, but it breaks out into episodes of intense pain where it hurts to move at all. I've always had a little bit of hip pains, but never like this before especially for the left. I'm only 18, is it possible that I could have a serious problem? Or could it be something else?
Answer:
While it could just be misalignment, it might also be something else. If you recently began exercising or increased your intensity, it's possible you have a stress fracture of the femoral neck. I'm 16 and am currently on crutches to treat my fracture, and so even though you are young, don't think that you are immune to such difficulties. It's best to see a doctor, because though we can offer some suggestions, we can't make any diagnosis.Just to let you know, so you can compare symptoms if you want, I had pain in what I thought was my hip flexor for a few weeks that was intense and caused a limp when I walked, but it was not too painful if I kept my leg completely immobile. It started to feel better after I stayed off it for a few days, but got worse again after I resumed walking and trying to run (which I couldn't really do). An X-ray will not show a stress fracture, so if your doctor can't tell you what is wrong, ask for an MRI if you can afford it, as that (or a bone scan) is the only effective method of diagnosis. Good luck, and don't hold off on the exam for too long, as continued stress can cause the fracture to become complete and make the femur displace, requiring surgery.I hope your hip heals quickly!
possibly arthritis one can have it at any age and anywhere on the body
p
Given the fact you are only 18, and more than likely you have not had children, you might simply be out of alignment. If you have ever been fairly athletic, specifically with certain kinds of rigorous sports, your hips and/or lower spine can easily come out of alignment, and it can cause hip pain. I danced ballet for 22 years, and on and off for many years I experience hip pain every now and then. Usually, I can stretch it out, but occasionally I make a trip to the chiropractor. A chiropractor might also be a consideration.
It could be arthritis or it could be tight IT bands...the long muscles down the sides of your outer thighs.
See your Dr. to rule out any disesae such as arthritis and see if you can get a prescription to get some physical therapy to help. In any event, it is time you should see your Dr.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Why does Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net