Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Why is my hands swollen?

For the past month and a half ive been having tired spells. Some last only a few seconds, others last a couple of weeks. This past week i felt tired for 4 days, after that i ate 3 jolly ranchers, and i felt better. I noticed when i was out rototilling, both of my hands look swollen. Like where your 2 veins run down... into your knuckles. Its like right between the middle finger on the left and right. It doesnt hurt at all. Its like puffy but not a hard puffyness. Could it be i have diabetis or a thyroid problem? Im going to the doctor wedsnesday and yes im 15 years old. My mom and dad both have diabetis. So did my dads side of the family- most of them did i believe...
Answer:
I have the same thing and I have been going to the doctor to get tests. They have run a thyroid test, Lupus test, and several other tests but I am still going through the Lupus thing because my thyroid is fine. At first my hands was puffy but then I started to notice other parts of my body getting swollen. Even my ring fingers grew and I could not wear a size 6, I now where a size 8-9 on my ring finger!! At first I was a size 6 then it slowly went untill a size 7 then 8 and so on. I have been dealing with this for 2 years now. Thyroid problems can cause weight gain, swelling and other problems but so can Lupus and I am tired all of the time as well. I did have anemia for low iron and I was given Repliva medication which helped a lot but I still have problems. What you have to understand about Thyroid problems is that it can be hard to detect through blood work. My friend has it and had to take 3 tests before they found it in her blood but she is doing much better now. She is no longer tired and she has lost A LOT of weight also!! If you have a thyroid problem you will have to take a pill for life but you will feel much better and like a new and different person. You need to go to the doctor because this could be a number of things including Lupus! I think I have Lupus now because I have swollen face, hands, ankles and I am tired a lot! I have other symptoms also but don't have time to go into all of them! Look up Lupus on google and compare the symptoms to see if you may have this.
you may have it to, but also might be a bug bite.
Mine look like a round ball at my wrist.
It will come and go..
I see the doctor and went for operation to remove it when it appear.
what happen is that is a bubble liquid form from the bone.
I forget the medical term of what it is called, sorry

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Why does Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net